Kli Capital — About Us
Founded in 2016, Kli Capital is a New York-based investment firm that specializes in early-stage venture capital investments. We look for promising founders and startups in the consumer products and services, financial services, healthcare, materials and resources, and information technology sectors. Kli Capital has invested in 79+ companies across multiple continents.
Check out our portfolio.
Please see a recent TechCrunch article on our progress here.
Kli Capital has always focused on investing in ambitious entrepreneurs, and now we are looking for an ambitious Associate to join our team.
Venture Capital Associate
This is a unique, hands-on opportunity. You’ll be responsible for sourcing and driving early-stage investments, as well as working closely with Kli Capital portfolio companies. This role will have an impact.
Role and Responsibilities
- Source potential investment opportunities and build a strong network within startup and investor circles
- Conduct industry research and extensive due diligence to identify risks and opportunities within potential investments — this includes completing investment memos and presenting analysis to the investment committee
- Analyze startup financials and growth projections
- Research a broad array of industries and disseminate this information internally and externally, including writing and driving traffic to industry research reports and external blogs
- Manage deal pipeline, including setting up meetings and working with startup founders to collect diligence items
- Work closely with Kli Capital portfolio companies on a number of different initiatives, including: business development, capital raising, customer acquisition analysis, financial modeling, go-to-market strategy, pitch deck assistance, marketing and more
- Expand Kli Capital’s brand awareness
- Generate and manage multiple reports for the portfolio, including quarterly updates, financial reporting and internal documentation reporting
- We will consider candidates with VC, startup, consulting, investment banking, or private equity experience. We prefer candidates with at least 1–2 years of full-time, post-college VC work experience, though we will consider other industries or qualified recent graduates
- Baseline knowledge of the New York tech ecosystem and familiarity with venture capital
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and expertise in Excel
- Financial modeling experience preferred
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills and proficiency in PowerPoint
- Experience or interest in brand building or marketing (preferred, but not required)
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to be a self-starter
As a precondition for employment, all applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. We are looking to fill this position ASAP. The start date will be sometime in December or January (exact date is flexible).
Submit your application here.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.